'77 Electra inspired - "High School"

Paco

pH meter
This is a quickie tune I wrote and recorded in a few hours or so while I had my hands on my bro's new GAS ebay acquisition - a sweet '77 electra x410 jazz strad semi hollow body - born the same year as me. This tune is very different from my other songs, so I'm curious what you think.

Note that the drums are just temporary space fillers... if the song is a keeper, I'll bring my percussionist guru in for some magic.

What do ya think? Thanks!

Short version (no streaming on my site yet) -

Full tune 320mp3

Very cool.

Oddly, reminds me of a '70's tune, not sure what band though. Mix is very nice, every is clear to me. Drums sound good as well, I think you won't be needing that percussionist.

Hell yes, it's a keeper! Cool song.

Lynx, I know what you meant, I couldn't quite pick up what it reminded me of other than being somewhat Bowie-like in spots.

Nice smooth, clear vocals on this. Very tasteful harmonies. And the guitar sound is pretty sweet as well. If you did decide to get a little busier with the drums that could work. I can also imagine an acoustic guitar quietly and percussively strumming under this (maybe coming in at the first chorus and then sticking around). Honestly though, the stripped down thing is working so well for this song that I would tread lightly.

Thanks for sharing this :)

Back