4th post - Privileged Flyer

I really like this feel and the way the songs heads out too. The recording is clean and I like the way you placed the players in the field. I`d turn the bass up and give the bass player more authority up alonside the guitar player since they are playing in tandem. fatten up the guitar a touch. The drums could use some more low end and a touch of mid to bring that snare out a little more. Raise the vocals and I wouldnt say another word. COol stuff man. I had reach over and get my bass.. :)

I'm listening on headphones, so...it seemed that the music was more on the left side, but maybe with a doubling effect of some sort to create stereo. Does that make sense? Made it hard to listen on headphones, the sound wasn't focused, hard to hear the vocal (I heard 'concierge' in there, props for that!). It's tough to do sort of ragged loose rock type music with a drum machine or loops, the playing has to be pretty spot on (and then it's not that ragged and loose, unfortunately!)

Just some thoughts!

Macle

Toki- Thanks man! I'm using an old Gibson EBO bass, direct, which isn't giving me much punch. I've been running it through an old peavy mixer which has helped. Someday I'll redo the bass.

Macle - There is a slight stereo delay effect on the drums and guitar to give it a 'live' feel. It is tough to get a loose feel with the drums loops. I keep trying! thanks for listening.

Back