4 Piece Rock Band Demo Track please critique

newsoundprod

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum but it looks great.
I'm 19 and from the UK, i've been recording and doing live sound since i was 12. This is a demo i've recently recorded and produced for a band i'm envolved with.
Its was recorded live into Cubase, with bits overdubbed afterwards.

Please right click and save as then let me know what you think!

Many thanks
James Holland
New Sound Productions

Jules, sorry James,
I like it all except the generic sound of the guitar when it goes chunky and the voice/melody which is too limp for the rest.
Good mix, good recording, good good.
Rather a sudden ending mate.
Cheers
rayC

cheers

thanks for your comments, i uploaded a corrupt file, new version is now the full song.

i know what you mean about the vox, will probably add more backing vocals if we were to record it again.

any more comment people?

thank you
james

the music isn't bad at all at the beginning. the production is simple but ok.

those vocals suck tho. the melody and the overdone accent are stupid.

those distorted guitars are boring as fuck and don't do the rest of the song justice.

the lead guitar near the end is silly as well.

all in all.....i don't like it.

The mix needs overall compression and the kick needs a little bass boost. Maybe pan the tracks to make it a little more stereo sounding because the recording is bland.

^ I agree 100% with him as far as the actual song writing.

I don't really like the song, too mellow for me but it sounds good. The distorted guitars need some work though.

not really my cup of tea, but i appreciate this style. for me the bass is heavy, and the vocals need to be a bit more upfront. just reached the chorus, and i agree with the other posts. distortion guitar doesnt do it justice. kick drum is way upfront too. i think the song does ned some general compression.
good voice though..i like your tone, but i didnt really get the song. the lyrics kinda just blew by me.
just my thoughts...DAVE

Back