2nd mix of post-punk/indie/dance-rock songs

Nobody cares to listen? Fair enough. Maybe these songs are perfect then. I'm gonna assume that until somone gives me advice. ;C)

Very "billy talent" which is cool cause I like billy talent. The production is pretty decent. I don't like the really extreme falcetto in the "Songs of love and hate" part... but hey that is just me. The bass guit is a little clicky for me, but hey it fits the tune perfect. Also you may wanna tighten up the snare a bit either tuning or EQ, it just didn't pop for me.

This is in regards to "can't get enough of that sugar"

Simon

Yeah, we tend to get the Billy Talent comparison a lot. I can't eq that snare up because I had to premix the drums via soundboard into a single track.

Yeah, we tend to get the Billy Talent comparison a lot. I can't eq that snare up becad use I had to premix the drums via soundboarinto a single track.

Music is sick, reminds me a toned down version of Don Caballero or somewhere between Jawbox, Burning Airlines, Blood Brothers and Drive Like Jehu. I dunno if you listened to any of those bands but this is pretty good stuff. Only thing I say is lower the vocals into the mix a little bit, they tend to overpower it all. And I agree about the fallsetto parts, but that is really an opinion. But good stuff.

my music is a little different...but hey, check it out if you'd like.

www.myspace.com/agentofmonaco

my band is a little more alt rock

www.myspace.com/endwavemusic

keep it up.

I don't listen to any of those bands specifically, but I know what they are like. I used to listen to some Jawbox, and I'm really appreciative of old-Dischord band and traditional screamo, emo, and post-hardcore and post-punk, etc. Saetia, Moss Icon, No Knife, and Funeral Diner I all enjoy. but I only play bass, and I think Bloc Party and Franz Ferdinand are my bass influences right now. The guitarist listens to the Blood Brothers, The Faint, and Neon Blonde etc, and drummer is into Bjork, Beck, LCD Soundsystem, Mico, etc. Thanks for the opinions, I really appreciate them from someone who obviously knows stuff about scene music.....older scene music, to be specific.

I'll check out your band.

Back