2 Original Songs

Hi Funky. After giving a listen to both songs, here are some things that stuck out to me.

Guitars are far too low in the mix on both songs.

Vocals on both songs sit wayyyy too upfront in the mix. Turn those dooooooooooooown!

Harmonica is way too loud in second song. Really guitars are way too low, but we've already covered that.

As for your vocals. Really rough. Very pitchy. It sounds like you're having a problem with your breath control. You're pushing out a few words here and there. It sounds funny.

Learn a little about mic technique. When you're going to get louder, move away from the mic a bit, for softer parts of the song, get closer. Moving away when getting louder keeps clipping from being an issue, and moving closer for softer parts keeps the level of the recording fairly similar. After recording the vocal part, you can make it all fairly even in your software.

Are you using any editing software, or did you upload that straight from your 4track?

straight from the 4 track. I've been recording for about a week or so (when I bought the 4 track), so yes there is a lot to improve and thank you for the critique. I'm going to be practicing getting the mic stuff down. I completely agree with what you said about the vocals ><

Back