What version of Wavelab can I get away with?

Freudian Slip

I am looking at getting wavelab strickly as a mastering tool. I have sonar 6 producer and tons of nice plugs. I am wondering what version of wave lab I should be considering. I don't want to get a full blown mixing and mastering version if I can get just a mastering version and not miss out on essential goodies. Did a search but got a lot of threads that don't really answer my question. So if you have experience with the program as a mastering tool I'd love to hear.

thanks

F.S.

Ford Van said:
Version 3 worked great for me for a long time.

Do you know if it can do dvd a? I assume it does pq editing & sheets and all that good stuff. I just want to make sure I can send something to a duplicator and have no issues. Reading a mastering book now and am wanting to be capable of doing everything right (skill not included;)).

Thanks
F.S.

You didn't say you wanted to be able to burn DVD's too. :rolleyes:!!!!!!

Version 5 has worked great too. Will even burn DVD's.

My last version was V3 also, but it doesn't work with XP. Steinberg said I'd have to upgrade, there's no patch. Since I can do everything in Samplitude, I declined to upgrade. Too bad though, I liked Wavelab for some things, mostly analysis.

Yaaa. I'm a student ;) That's the ticket!

actually my brother in law is he head computer guy for a school district~ so the thought has crossed my mind that maybe I could work something out.

F.S.

Robert D said:
I'm seling copies of my daughter's report card - $10 a pop till I can get the Manley Gold Reference mic. :D

Unless her first name is Bob or something like that I think I'm s o l :D

F.S.

Back