View Poll Results: What monitors do you use?

Voters
1254. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Audio

41 3.27%
  • Alesis

79 6.30%
  • Dynaudio

39 3.11%
  • Event

105 8.37%
  • Genelec

29 2.31%
  • JBL

67 5.34%
  • M-audio

182 14.51%
  • Mackie

81 6.46%
  • Tannoy

62 4.94%
  • Yamaha

146 11.64%
  • KRK

263 20.97%
  • Other

315 25.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48

Thread: What monitors do you use?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    When I mix I'll be jumping around for the first couple of hours playing the track loudly via my KRKs, and once I know the bottom end is rocking, I'll mix with low volume on the Auratones for the rest of the day. If I can make a mix work on the Auratones, I know I'm flying. T. Elmhirst…mixing the top Billboard album...65 weeks on chart. Adele's "21"

just reading this morning, Avantone ….er...Auratones...etc... a small speaker in a small box.
    Last edited by CoolCat; 09-26-2018 at 07:31.

if it's not happening in the room, it ain't gonna happen on tape.-H.Gerst

Thanks
    There is much to learn from small speakers. Even the $60 Phillips ones I have tell me how my mixes are heard by most.

Damn glad I got rid of my KRK G28's tho. They were so 'scooped' that nothing was easy to translate.

Adam A7X was a game changer.
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    Hello friend, I recently bought a pair of used M-Audio BX-8 and they came with the speaker dust cap damaged, the seller told that her daughter pushed the caps but with no damage in sound. I donīt know if the sound went bad īcause of that, but talking about the beauty of the monitors, thatīs really ugly with the pushed caps, Iīm very afraid to do some repair, but I want my monitor working 100%, I saw in youtube people doing a vacuum cleaner repair in the dust cover, itīs safe for studio monitor? Someone already did these job?

Thanks
    I had luck with a hair dryer and some light masking tape and the dented dust cap popped out.
    The hair dryer made it soft and the weak tape allowed a light pull to it ...
    I thought it was less risk than the vacuum cleaner method, with that I would be more careful. But Ive tried it cautiously.

if it's not happening in the room, it ain't gonna happen on tape.-H.Gerst

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CoolCat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
    I had luck with a hair dryer and some light masking tape and the dented dust cap popped out.
    The hair dryer made it soft and the weak tape allowed a light pull to it ...
    I thought it was less risk than the vacuum cleaner method, with that I would be more careful. But Ive tried it cautiously.
    I believe your's is the safest method

Ok. Here's one from my 3rd grade science class..

Get a jar with a round opening - maybe a small jelly or preserves jar.. squeaky clean. Place the jar opening over the concave dome to make sure it completely covers the concave area. Now light a match or small piece of paper, drop it in the jar and place the jar opening over the dome before the flame goes out. If the gap between the jar and dome is small enough, the resulting vacuum should pull the dome out.

Sounds crazy, right.. Well, at least it won't have the danger of constant high vacuum from a machine.

I just hope the dome isn't made of guitar pick material.. ever light up a pick?
    Failure - - the path of least persistence
    And, uh, oh - hire a decorator to come in here quick, 'cause... DAMN.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to spantini For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spantini View Post
    I believe your's is the safest method

Ok. Here's one from my 3rd grade science class..

Get a jar with a round opening - maybe a small jelly or preserves jar.. squeaky clean. Place the jar opening over the concave dome to make sure it completely covers the concave area. Now light a match or small piece of paper, drop it in the jar and place the jar opening over the dome before the flame goes out. If the gap between the jar and dome is small enough, the resulting vacuum should pull the dome out.

Sounds crazy, right.. Well, at least it won't have the danger of constant high vacuum from a machine.

I just hope the dome isn't made of guitar pick material.. ever light up a pick?

I remember to watch "beakmanīs world" doing some similar to that. Good memories!!

Thanks
    Roll of paper and suck on it with your mouth. More control and need to be careful.

Alan

Thanks
    Start with the least likely to do damage. Some dust caps come out with a stick finger... Just don't go directly to vacuum...
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmys69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonpaschoal View Post
    Hello friend, I recently bought a pair of used M-Audio BX-8 and they came with the speaker dust cap damaged, the seller told that her daughter pushed the caps but with no damage in sound. I donīt know if the sound went bad īcause of that, but talking about the beauty of the monitors, thatīs really ugly with the pushed caps, Iīm very afraid to do some repair, but I want my monitor working 100%, I saw in youtube people doing a vacuum cleaner repair in the dust cover, itīs safe for studio monitor? Someone already did these job?
    Hey man, how did it work out with the dust caps? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thread Information