What FX would you use to mix this lead vocal??

I don't listen to rap music at all, but to me it sounds like it would have already been destroyed with some strange effects. Maybe a bad noise remover?

PS: And I dont think you can choose the FX without knowing the song!

I don't listen to rap music at all, but to me it sounds like it would have already been destroyed with some strange effects. Maybe a bad noise remover?

PS: And I dont think you can choose the FX without knowing the song!

SORRY but u know it's gonna be a rap song so there's the song. MAYBE NOT FX but chain of events
As far as the noise reduction i use the adobe audition noise reduction.

Lose the noise reduction, then we might be able to give you some help.

Remove whatever you've got on it now. Use a limiter with a fast attack setting. Then eq after you mix with instrument tracks, cut 300 hz and below so it doesn't interfere with bass. Bump up around 1khz to give it definition and audible lyrics. Then add reverb to taste.

Then do it all again with another take, exactly the same as the first to beef up the vocals. Blend it in without being noticed.

Curious to hear the complete song.

peace.

Lose the noise reduction, then we might be able to give you some help.

im workin with the noise reduction settings right now

i'll put up the track without the noise reduction

ps. the song is good i just want to get the mix perfect b4 promoting it!

SORRY but u know it's gonna be a rap song so there's the song. MAYBE NOT FX but chain of events
As far as the noise reduction i use the adobe audition noise reduction.
Seems like noise reduction softwares over do it. Ive made just a few vocals and those were with a pathetic headset mic, so I needed to use some noise reduction. I used the one in Audacity (didnt have anything else) and even with the lowest settings it made weird ufo-noises to the vocals (the background noise did disappear however). It was ok as it was blended with lots of other stuff, but I think a rap song cant take it.

I also agree on cutting the low frequencies based on that clip. It sounded very muddy. And hmm.. Oh well, actually chili said it all.

Solution: don't use noise reduction.

Why do you need it? Do you actually need it? Why is there noise in the first place?

Tip: try moving further away from the computer if you can while singing (or speaking or whatever it is called in rap music..). The computers fan may make a lot of noise that will get captured if you are near (at least with some mics). Also close the windows, especialy if there is a road nearby. Oh, and i didnt mean the operating system! =D

PS: is the file called "vocal hiss" the one without noise reduction? Man, how did you get that bad noise in it? Though I dont know much I think I can say that you definetely can not get that out of it without making it sound awfull in another way. I think you really got to record it again, and before that fix the problems that cause the hissing. I dont know what is causing that but I can tell there is some major problem.

PS2: Though I dont like hiphop the mixdown sounds cool! I hope you get the problems solved. Keep it going. =)

Back