Weird auto-wah/freq controlled vocal effect????!!!!

Vinnydude

Clunge Monster
I keep hearing it onj quite heavily produced vocals and i want to know what it is just out of curiosity.

Can i clear this up before anyone replies with it, ITS NOT AN AUTOTUNE!!!! lol

Right, the best way to describe it is, its giving extra rasp to the voice, but rather than it being stuck at the one frequency, it follows the pitch of the vocals. Its a rather clever effect and i'm very curious if any one actually knows what it is.

Cheers in advance :)

without actually hearing a sample i doubt anyone can help regardless of your excellent description ;) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mna86QemAbU&ob=av2e

Its like he has a bee in his throat buzzing in tune with him :D

Love this song though, i'd just been trailing through the god awful chart music when it suddenly dawned on me that i didn't need to!

I'd love to help you out, but that YouTube video isn't available in the US. Could you please tell us the name of the song, post a different example, or post a different video?

That isn't an effect. That is his voice. It's limited to death, but that is really the sound of his voice.

On previous records, they always kind made his voice sound like it was coming through a telephone (crap-loads of 2k), so you may not have noticed it before.

Back