Waves Bundle - which one ?

ido1957

9K Gold Member
There's a lot of different kinds of Waves software. I don't have a clue which one I would buy. I have Sound Forge Studio 6 which is a 2 Track software recording package. I hope to get Sonar 7 at some point which is many more tracks. I see a Pro Tools version and diamond and gold on eBay ..... too many versions. Any recommendations for what I have now and what I will get later?:confused:

Edit - man it looks expensive....!

There's a lot of different kinds of Waves software. I don't have a clue which one I would buy.
What is it that makes you think you need any to begin with? What is the problem to which you believe a Waves bundle is a solution? Start with that and you should be on the track to your answer.

G.

There are probably several features in the Waves bundle that I could learn to use. Initially, I'd like to apply the L3 plugin that RAMI mentioned that he used on the tracks on his recent CD. I like the levelling/compressor effect it has on the tracks. If you listen to any of my soundclick tracks you will probably agree the L3 could have a positive effect on the mix. There are probably lots of other problems with the mixes but that's my initial objective..... :o

Well if I was going to get one waves bundle I would get the musicians pack 2.
It's $200 US and it has the supertap along with the doubler and some compression plugs that can be handy. I think th price of the super tap alone is almost that much if not more. The super tap is a very worthy buy on it's own and the other plugs are sort of a added bonus.

I only use 3 waves plugs out of all of them I have. The C4, L2 and the super tap. The doubler is very cool and I use to use it with cakewalk PA9, but as far as I know it still has major issues with sonar and I love my sonar 7 PE.
Sonar 7 PE has a great comp/eq channel strip.

F.S.

My Recomendation... save your money

1. Reaper

2. Goto to KVR Audio Forum and read, read, read... Some really good and affordable plugins
DDMF EQ (Excellent EQ... name your price)
Tin Brooke tales Compressors (Free - Awesome Drum Compressors)
Voxengo (Very affordable)
Digitalfishphones Compressor Blockfish (Free)
Kjaerhus (Some free)
Antress (All free)
Many More...

There are probably several features in the Waves bundle that I could learn to use. Initially, I'd like to apply the L3 plugin that RAMI mentioned that he used on the tracks on his recent CD. I like the levelling/compressor effect it has on the tracks. If you listen to any of my soundclick tracks you will probably agree the L3 could have a positive effect on the mix. There are probably lots of other problems with the mixes but that's my initial objective..... :o

I assume that the L2 I use and the L3 are close to the same. It is a very nice tool. I have tried other (free) limiters and I do not like thier sound as much as the waves L2 but, there are some that come somewhat close.

I have always liked your mixes. They breath. So don't do crushing the hell out of them;) It's easy to over do it.

F.S.

Back