Tannoy Reveals are TOO LOUD when hooked up to my sound card...

chlorinedream

I just got a pair of Tannoy Powered Reveals to replace my Roland MA8s.

The MA8s had a volume knob but the Tannoy's dont. Aside from buying a passive volume control, is there anyway i can have the output from my MOTU 2408mkII come back into my Mackie 1402 mixer (and then out to my Tannoys) without getting feedback loops?

Right now here's how sound goes in:

Synths/guitars --> Mackie 1402VLZPro --> MOTU 2408mkII

then it comes out as:

2408mkII --> Tannoy Monitors (results in a signal that's WAY TOO LOUD)

any way to patch the output of my sound card back into the mixer so I can control the volume?

Not ideal but I had to do it till I got my Central Station, use the volume knob on your 2408 to regulate.....

The Main Out Volume???? They you have to crack open your 2408 and switch a connector that will make it control the Main Out Volume as well.

You are patched to the main outs and not output 1 &2 correct. I had a 2408 MkII for 3 years.

tried patching it back to the 1402 and it works to an extent. there are two problems.

one is the EQ colors the sound (not sure if you can bypass)

two is that in Digital Performer's editing window if you highlight a piece of audio it is much louder (ear splitting) than when you are just playing back.

i think i'll have to either go back to my roland's or get the volume controller.

Back