Stuck Mute Button on Mackie 1604-VLZ

Fontcow

Pardon me if this isn't the proper forum to post this, but I took out my mixer from being in its case for the past few months and did a check through on all the buttons/knobs and to my horror the Mute button on channel 8 is stuck in the Mute position rendering channel 8 unusable. When it is depressed, it doesn't "click" and disengage. It just kind of kind of pushes in and out a bit, but doesn't click. Bummer. :(

Is this a common thing that will happen to eventually all of the buttons and just how expensive is this going to be to fix? And just where do you take high-end equipment like this to be fixed so somebody doesn't screw it up?

Thanks in advance.

heh. High end.

You send it to Mackie if you want a guaranteed non screwed up job. Cuz they can replace any parts they break ;)

Anyone can screw up.. but odds are your fix is so easy my mom could do it.

Go to radio shack. Get some TUNER CONTROL CLEANER/LUBRICANT

not just cleaner.. or just lube. Spray it right on the switch and push it a dozen times. That'll probly fix it.

IF IT DONT! take it to someone with a screwdriver. They'll take it apart and do the same without the casing in the way. THAT should do it!

IF IT DONT! find someone with a soldering iron to put a new switch in. . . or whatever it needs.

xoxo

Back