Recordings sound like Vinyl???

bullyhill

Why do my recordings sound like a dusty Vinyl record on play back. It seems to get worse as I add on. Is that the problem is this when I should up the buffers?

Sounds like your clipping the main mix buss. Have you looked at the output metering to see if you're going over? That would explain it getting worse as you add tracks.

Thanks,
It had clipped at times and I didn't realize till after mix down, then I would go back and lower them. Is the damage done already.
I try to keep them in the red and not trigger the red clip light, is that the idea. It seems to be on multiple tracks I am not sure if is affecting them all or I clipped on multiple tracks.

Unknown. You can expand out you individual tracks to see if they're clipping. If they are, they're toast. If not and you hear distortion still, check the main stereo faders and out put meters. Like I said, it sounds to me like you're just overdriving the main mix buss.

it may also be your settings on your comp between your software/soundcard! does it sound like pops and clips all the time? this is common! ha

Nah,
Literally like the crackles you hear on vinyl. I confirmed with some one else on here that has heard it through its different stages and they concur it gets worse as it goes.

Back