Professional Mixing: Recommendations

dwillis45

Número sesenta nueve
Can anyone recommend a studio/engineer that provides professional-level mixing services geared to the home/project studio market? I'm familiar with BlueBear Studios but are there others?

I've contemplated getting into the market myself but haven't had time to put together a webpage or advertise something like, nor come up with a rate sheet.

What is it that makes a studio/engineer "geared to the home/project studio market"? Any pro studio should be able to work with you. Is it price that you're concerned about? Compatibility?

Are you going to want to be able to attend the mix sessions or are you thinking of sending your files off?

Raw-Tracks said:
What is it that makes a studio/engineer "geared to the home/project studio market"? Any pro studio should be able to work with you. Is it price that you're concerned about? Compatibility?

Are you going to want to be able to attend the mix sessions or are you thinking of sending your files off?

Price is a consideration. Professional services of any tpe are costly but I'm not interested in paying 1k per song, particularly since most of my material is 7-10 tracks and fairly simple. Compatibility shouldn't be a problem so long as the studio can handle some type of OMF project document exported from Digital Performer. I'm not looking for a seasoned pro who squeezes my project inbetween Ashley and Britany. I can't afford that and I would prefer a more personal touch than I'm likely to get from anyone working on this level. I'm really looking for someone who understands the home recording/project studio concept and the appreciates the possibilities of recording at home and mixing in a more controlled setting with a different set of ears.

As I said in the original post, I've looked at BlueBear Studios and Bruce's Indie recording package looks like it fits the bill. I'm really just trying to get some additional suggestions based on personal experience.

i would maybe be interested. are we looking at drums, bass, guitar kind of stuff? i could do a song for you and let you decide if you want to continue the rest of the project. i have a sweet amek console i sum through... ;)

drop me a line

260 312 6480

I hate piggy backing but I want to ask if there are any mixing engineers anywhere in Indiana that can remix some pro tools sessions. My cousin came down to record a demo cd at my house. Well I've only been doing this a year and he seems to think me having pro tools makes me some kind of pro. I've even told him "look I"m just a guy in a basement". Anyway when I did his first 2 song demo he thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. So he decided he wanted to do 6 songs. Since he's family and spent over a year in Afganastan I decided to help him out for free. Well thats a huge mistake, now he's constantly calling and wanting things changed and even drove to st. louis where I'm at to "help me" remix the song. Of course he got it home and instantly wanted me to redo it again. Well I've sent off my final mix and have informed him that its my last one. So I'm anticipating him needing it to once again be remixed. I guess his demo has turned into a wannabe commercial release. Anyway if there is someone here in that area that would like to make some extra money trying to salvage shitty playing and a shitty room email me at jscurt7997@aol.com.

Back