Please rip this apart for me!!

DFMJoe

some of u are mixing some tracks for me to help me determine a problem I'm having. Heres a song that I did.. and although I KNOW several things are wrong with it.. I'm not sure how to go about fixing them. For those that are mixing the track.. this is not the one you'll be getting.

DFMJoe said:

some of u are mixing some tracks for me to help me determine a problem I'm having. Heres a song that I did.. and although I KNOW several things are wrong with it.. I'm not sure how to go about fixing them. For those that are mixing the track.. this is not the one you'll be getting.

I think this should have been posted in the clinic, but since you have people in here mixing for you, maybe it's fine.

1. Either the connection is bad or the drummer needs to seriously work on his timing.
2. Sounds Muddy and Cloudy
3. Sounds off in a distance sort of. Maybe too much verb.
4. Pan

I like the song ok, even though it's not my normal genre.
my .02

Malcolm

Well 1st to agree with the previous poster, the drummer sounds really horrible with his timing, unless the whole stuttered timing thing was on purpose.

If you are specifically asking about mix related things, your musical relationships are very bad. The vocals are so buried that they seem to be an irritating side dish to the main course.

The keyboard is displaced and the tone of the guitar with relationship to the sudden change to electric gtr is unsettling.

Hope that helps.

The biggest problem with your mix is relationship. There seem to be none. Music is a relationship between the varios instruments. Sort that out and you will be headed in the right direction.

Bryan

Drummer does have some timing problems. As for the recording, what equipment did you use? It sounds muddy.

I already knew about the timing.. already got with the drummer on that. And got rid of that annoying double bass part in the last part of the bridge. And I'm assuming ur thinking the keyboard was the lil melodic dreamy part.. but that was a guitar with effects on it is all. We think alot of it has to do with how it was tracked. So we are going to REDO it once again. It had to be done.. because the drummer was killing us on his timing.

nbfg

i think your kick might be a little too poppy as well...i know lots of people suggest getting that thump sound for rock but i think you should maybe cut some of the highs a little on that track to get a smoother sound because it is just another factor that seems to muddy your mix

also, a little distortion goes a long way...you have way too much distortion on that guitar in the punkier sections of the song. take a good bit off for the recording.

Back