new monitors

polarity

I'm looking at picking up the Yamaha HS8 monitors. Anyone got any info on these? I've looked up reviews and the reviews seem great. Found a pretty good deal looking at about $500 shipped for the pair. Is there something I should be looking at in the same price range that I haven't seen yet?

I know monitors are very personal choice so it's hard to say for sure, but if anyone has opinions on these I'd love to hear it. They will be replacing my current Logictec PC Speakers, so a couple of tin cans on string would be an improvement.

Any input on these? Looking at picking them up in a few days but would really love to hear back from someone first.

I've heard the HS8's on a few occasions and was impressed with them. For the money, I think they are a great choice!

HS8 or HS80? I've got a set of the 80s - I like them, they seem very clear though they don't have as much punch in the bass as some I auditioned them against (the KrK Rockit 8's in particular had a very solid low end), although IMO that isn't really a bad thing. That said, having bought a decent set of monitors, it's really exposing how bad my room is, so remember that monitors alone won't help here - if you're going to spend that kind of money on monitors, budget a couple hundred for broadband trapping.

The HS8 are the new model of the 80s from what I'm understanding. Trapping is already going to be done as soon as I make it back home (out of town for the last year). I started building them before I left and will continue when I make it home.

Back