Need advice on this mix

pSt

I'm trying to mix a couple of songs we're going to use on our demo tape, and could use some advice from you guys. This is the first time we've recorded everything with microphones, earlier we've used sampled drums and POD-guitars. Could you take a listen to it, and give me some feedback? It's probably good enough for a demo, but I still want it to sound the best.

Anyway, I think the guitars and vocals aren't fitting into the mix. The vocals was added yesterday, and I haven't really had the time to work on them yet.

Thanks!

Click here to listen :)

Last edited:
You might get more responses posting in the mp3 mixing clinic forum, but I'll give you my thoughts. This sounds pretty good. Nice work for a first attempt. The drums sound a little weak for such loud music (more snare and kick would be nice). I don't care for the vocalist's singing style, but that's a taste issue. What language is this?

Ah, MP3 clinic. I will try to post it there, thanks! ;)

I'm not happy with the singing style either, will try to change that. It sounded good yesterday, but when I listened to it this morning I wasn't very pleased with it. I'll have to discuss that with the singer.

The language is Norwegian.

Thanks for the reply!

Back