mixing from computer to audio 4 track - please help

maxines1

OK, I need some help. I'm trying to get 4 tracks of midi & audio from my computer (cakewalk) into my audio 4 track. The reason I'm doing this is because I'm trying to create loops for live gigs that will be individually adjustable live when it comes to volume.
I've tryed using a midi sync track with my drum machine as an intermediary but when I run it back with the computer as the slave it works but the tempo is unsteady.
Can anyone suggest a way to either add something to my computer to give me 4 outputs from my computer that will send out different channels at once or a way to make the sync track work more steadily?

Someone please help because I am just a few straws away from giving up music entirely from frustration.

Thanks!

A number of things...

Not sure but I think there's a number of things going on here...

First, you've got two or three signals that need to go into some type of "common source" so they can get into your four track...

What kind of stuff is on Cakewalk? Audio?
Is this only MIDI data?
And with your drum machine... How have you synced it in the past? Do you have other gear?

Does your four track have MIDI outs?
I've got an FD4 that does...

You can certainly purchase a "4 output" audio card for a computer...

But, If you've been able to sync the drum machine to the computer... Why is it not working now???

Just a bit more detail and we can get a good answer for you... :o )

riverdog

Back