Mix a Song for Me: Awesome Wedding Present: Willing to Pay

mjvernon

Hello All,

I'm a completely uncool, ignorant dude that needs some help. Here's the scoop:

My best friend is getting married. He has a PhD in ethnomusicology, which is essentially a cross between anthropology and music. The guy knows something about music, in fact, his dissertation was on the use of hip-hop beats in Indian movies. For my wedding, years ago, he did a homemade mix of an awful song from our days in junior high. It was great and I'd like to return the favor with a new kick-ass version of the song... the damn song was written around 1987 by a band Me and The Boys.

Now that the years have passed, I want to mix him a version of the song in return. Unfortunately, I don't have any skills at all, so I need help. Ideally, I'd like to mashup the old song (I have a cd copy) with Ditty by Paperboy. Or, if that doesn't work, something that he'll recognize from our past. Or, instead of a mashup, simply add some kind of beat to the original song and include samples of some of other music we know and loved.

If anyone can help me, please let me know!!! FYI- his wedding is in mid-May.

You can get a doctorate for studying the use of hip hop in Bollywood movies?

Who knew?

Try the DJ forum, perhaps...

!

What exactly do you mean by mix?

like, DJ mix? (which is going to be a single continuous track with more then one song in it, mixed together to clean up any seems between them)

or create a different version of the original song..

because im down. 100%

if you want to swap emails im more then willing to start working on this. i can send you some samples of other projects ive worked on.

Last edited:
I can try it too if you are still on time, not the best though, but maybe it works if nobody else is available. PM me if you want.

Back