Mackie 24/8 bus question

havastrat

I cannot get a return signal from my Alesis 3630's to my Mackie 24/8. I read the manual on both several times and don't get it. I am using "Y" cords, and the single end is plugged into the channel INSERT jack. Plugged in to "first click" or "second click"; no difference. What am I doing wrong? I would be incredibly thankful for some help.
Craig

try switching the other ends (the ones in the compressor) ... you might just have them in the wrong jacks. Just a thought, anyway.

You need TRS insert cable - a TRS 1/4" male connector at one end going to 2 TS 1/4" male connectors at the other end. This gives you the send and return connectivity. Ask for INSERT cables at your local dealer.

Bruce

thanks for your replies...however..

Thank you very much for your replies, but, what makes this problem such a bear is that I am using INSERT cables, and I cannot switch them end for end as the 3630's have dual channel left and right jacks (in and out), and only one cable end would be going to the 3630 under those circumstances. It is also worth noting that the Mackie 24/8 bus cuts the channel signal off from the channel fader when the insert jack (on the channel) is used. The Mackie manual does not explain (clearly) how to return the processed signal to the channel (or the main mix, for that matter). Can you get back to me on these issues?...if I call Mackie they will talk over my head and I will go away with nothing.Thanks again very much.
Craig

There is a section dedicated to INSERT connectivity in the manual here - I can't describe it any more clearly than they do there in the manual!

http://www.mackie.com/PDFs/8Bus/OM/8Bus_OM_5.pdf

If it's still not clear I suggest talking to tech support - they are very responsive and I can almost guarantee they won't talk over your head - mention that you're new to all this and I'm sure they'll answer your questions succinctly.

Bruce

Back