Looking to purchase a digital mixer

gregg.mckiernan

Hey guys,

So I am in the market for a digital mixer, though what I hope to accomplish with it is specific and I'm not sure it even exists. I am in the humble stages of putting together a digital recording station. When I say digital I am not saying I am hoping to create electronic music, I will be recording acoustic and electric guitars, as well as analog drum microphoning. What I am looking for capability wise is to have a digital mixer with full interface functionality. Currently I use a ZOOM interface with 8 track capability, however I must use a mixer via Cubase software because the interface simply has gain. Steer me in the right direction if I am in a fantasy right now, but is there a digital mixing set up where the EQ and levels can all be controlled manually on hardware but affect (in real time via USB or FireWire) the track on my laptop?

I appreciate any insight into this,

P.s I was looking at the Behringer Xenyx X2442USB, however after looking into it I realized that the USB capability would only interface a stereo output, and not 8 seperate tracks

Gregg

Back