Just ordered monitors

polarity

Figured I would share the link now that I got mine.

Yamaha HS8 8" Bi-amped Nearlfied Studio Monitor - Restock Item | Full Compass

Paid $230 per speaker, same price as the HS80s that are now discontinued. They are a restock item, but I went for it. Not many reviews on this site for them but I found several on GearSlutz and other places. I'll post a full review after I get them but since these will be my first real monitors I won't have much to compare it to.

Thanks!

I didn't know if anyone else was looking to purchase, if they are that's a pretty sweet deal. It's been going for about a week now but I don't know how many in stock or how long the sale was.

What room size will you be mixing in?

I've been eyeing the HS5 because I thought the HS8 might be too much for my room.

Unfortunately not a great room, it is 12x12. I will have plenty of problems acoustically to deal with when I make it back home.

Figured I would share the link now that I got mine.

Yamaha HS8 8" Bi-amped Nearlfied Studio Monitor - Restock Item | Full Compass

Paid $230 per speaker, same price as the HS80s that are now discontinued. They are a restock item, but I went for it. Not many reviews on this site for them but I found several on GearSlutz and other places. I'll post a full review after I get them but since these will be my first real monitors I won't have much to compare it to.

Cool. Restock stuff always intimidates me too much so I have never actually bought any.

when it comes to monitors, anything but new off the shelf or someone that's credible where i know there was no abuse to the unit. anything else worries me.

Back