How is the Alesis "Monitor One" studio monitors ?

I agree...and they are really tiny too.
Certainly not very expensive either. I've seemed to have read about alot of people blowing the tweeters, but I have never owned any and had that problem. If you could get a used pair, in good condition for under $150, I think you'd be doing ok for starters. I kinda equate them as the "poor man's yamaha ns10's", on a slightly smaller scale......tough to figure out the bass on them. If you're in a REALLY small area, they might suit you fine.

strickly as a guess, and only listening to them minamal times...and usually with keyboard patches, I'd say they are as "flat" as you might need them, at this price break and size of the speaker. Just like any other speaker, you'll have to get used to them. I'd use them more as a backup speaker when I'd want something smaller, but certainly, they could be used as a main speaker in a small setup. If you go up to a little more money, you will probably find sets that have a better reputation and a more accurate low end. If they where great speakers (at what...$250 new/pair), they'd be selling like hotcakes. But, Alesis has sold a truck full of them, I'm sure. They're discontinued now, I believe.

this topic of the Alesis Monitor Ones always confuses me... cause ya see there are 2 different versions... the monitor one and the monitor one mkII...

now some peeps say they're pretty bad monitors... these folk usually just refer to the monitor ones even if the guy asking the question is refering the new monitor one mkII's...

and some peeps say they're decent monitors... usually refering to the mkII models...

now for once and all is there anyone who has listened to both the original monitor ones and the new monitor one mkIIs that can comment and clear things up between the two versions of the monitor...

or at least can we stop refering to 2 different monitors as being the same monitor, cause from what I understand they are not... I don't think its happened in this post yet, but everytime someone posts about the monitor ones, inevitably the 2 versions come into play and are talked of as though they are the same thing... but they're not...

just wanted to clear the air before this post went on further...

now I can't comment on the monitor ones... I thought about getting the monitor one mkII actives but went with the studiophiles instead... I've heard good things about the new monitor one mkII's... again anyone who has heard both the original monitor ones and the new monitor one mkIIs, if u could comment and help clear up the confusion between the two... well I would appreciate that...

i actually have the monitor ones (not mkii) and they are flat. that's not the problem. the problem is that they do not carry low-end bass well. of course, this can be a good thing because most peoples sound systems don't either.

i can not speak for the mkII.

Back