Great Free Plug In!

crawdad

Dammit, Jim, Shut Up!
Go Here:

http://www.psp-audioware.com/

The Free plug in is called PianoVerb. Its a neat little gismo that simulates the sympathetic reverb in a grand piano. What do you use it for, you ask? Well, the first thing I tried it on was a recording of a piano from a Roland keyboard. It adds that missing sound that all sampled pianos have. Cause, no matter how perfect a sample is, you can never get that physical phenomenon of the harmonics resonating and bouncing off each other in the real piano. This little plug in emulates that.

Their other plug ins are pretty awesome too and real bargains.

Anyway, try the Piano verb--its free, so what have you got to lose?

I've got this one!

It IS the shit! Wierd idea for a plug in but way cool.....especially used in extremes.

heylow

heylow--do use yours for piano or do you have other things you do with it? Extremes, eh?

I like to use it in Fruity Loops.....I use it for almost anything I want to really make wierd. Drums, vocal samples...whatever. I'll tune the verb to make strange resonances in key to the music. I usually keep it pretty wet.

All in all this thing can get sounds that were never meant to be there and I dont know how else you could make them happen. I believe it's the natural resonance from piano strings that are sympatheticly vibrating, right? Imagine piano vibration on guitars...cool stuff!

heylow

The pianoverb is got to be one of the most original plugs ever. Check out their stereo enhancer. Its unreal. Ive run pianos through it that sound wider than if they were panned all the way left and right. It has a much broader range of sound possibilities and stereo separation than waves' stereoimager. At $24 for the package its an incredible deal. I also use the mixpack daily. Every plug they have is quality and much more than a one trick pony.

Theyre coming out with a delay plug which Im looking forward to.

Back