FREE Mixing Tutorials

ModernMixing

Hey Guys.

Been sifting through these forums and others as well. Decided to take the plunge and register. I have a youtube channel where I offer free tips and advice in regards to mixing. I dont have any major credits but I have gathered a lot of knowledge over the last few years and can help people from all skill levels. Okay well maybe not someone who is extremely new lol. As long as you know what a Daw, compressor, and EQ are then you should be good. Enjoy!

Search for "Modern Mixing" in Youtube or click my Sig

Heres the second video of my 4 part series on compression

Also here is a Demo video on the new DRIVER plugin in from Native Instruments. ITS FREE until Dec 31st...Go pick it up.

Thanks for watching

Welcome to the site.

Posting free stuff is okay. Don't try to spam the boards, meaning, advertising to get people to buy products or pay for services. The link in your sig is okay by me.

It's very cool to fully participate in the forums and be a contributing member. We have a lot of industry people here who dispense good advice without the need to talk about themselves. I hope you can do the same.

peace,

Hey Chili

thanks for the comments. I see it as a give and take. I will do my best to contribute and help people on the boards as much as time permits and I'll also probably be seeking help myself lol. Hey Im learning too!! Always learning actually. I dont have any plans to sell anything in the near future to be honest. Just post free tutorials!!

Hey Guys, here is video #3 of my 4 part series on Compression. Going to be talking about parallel compression next week.

Enjoy

The only problem I can see with these tutorials is that they are using waves plugins and other 3rd party additions. These are expensive and out of the reach of most budding producers. There is so much you can do with the plugins that come with the DAW's these days that really, for beginners, maybe these plug are the best place to start

Hey bud.

For the most part, you are right about the Waves being expensive (I actually agree). However all the plugin in those videos (except Driver) are from the Silver bundle which comes out to about $37 a plugin (not bad). If you are like me and only buy on sales you could get it for like 80% off maybe once or twice a year. I think it cost me like $9 a plugin at that price. So they aren't that far out of reach. And I used A LOT of those plugins all the time, I can't get away from them, especially the C1 which I use on pretty much every mix.

Also you didn't dig deep enough into my channel because I have A LOT of videos where I show techniques using FREE or stock tools. In fact in my mixing series How To Mix an R&B Song, every plugin I used came with Pro Tools or was FREE to download, except for 1, which cost me $39 - not bad at all. I probably could have done things a bit better using my full arsenal of tools but I wanted to show the possibilities of using what you have, and to this day that series is the most popular download on my site.

I also released a video where I showed how I "mastered" a track and I only used 3 plugins which were all FREEWARE and they sound DAMN good. They could probably sell for a good amount of money IMO.

Cheers!

The only problem I can see with these tutorials is that they are using waves plugins and other 3rd party additions. These are expensive and out of the reach of most budding producers. There is so much you can do with the plugins that come with the DAW's these days that really, for beginners, maybe these plug are the best place to start

this is VERY true.. except I do download some outside source VST's for my DAW. BUT.. these tutorials can be introduced into any VST in ANY DAW, VSTS for the most part all work the same, some just with better or lesser quality, so choose wisely, but the techniques can be followed into any VST.

Back