Free "Mixing" and/or "Mastering"

4-Man Takedown

I've been home "mastering" stuff for a few months now with pretty decent results and am looking to gain some more experience. If anyone is interested I would like to work with their material for free and get some feedback. I have decent equipment (software actually) and a good room with good monitors. I've done a few local bands recently and they have been pretty happy.

If anyone is interested, please e-mail me at cdalemasters@hotmail.com You can send me a final mix in a stereo track, or preferably you can send me the tracks (as .wavs) seperately and I'll mix and "master" them with fresh ears. We can work out the details through e-mail.

I'd preferably like to do rock music that has been recorded at least decently, but still feel free to ask. I'm definately not a pro or anything, I just thought maybe that this could benifit someone and also give me some more fresh material to work with. This would be a snail mail type thing since I will only work with .wavs.

Thanks,
Moe, c-dale masters

Sure, I use a PC with Wavelab mostly for my mastering, but also use N-track for some tracking, mixing, and editing every once in a while.

I use Waves mostly for mastering, with some PSP software that I recently got as well, I use other software too, but I'm not gonna list it all.

Mackie HR824 monitors, and various other systems for checking mixes. I use various room treatments in a large attic room. Don't know the exact measurements, but I'd say about 12' by 40' rough estimate (it's kind of long and narrow). I have my monitors placed dead center in the narrow part about 10' away from the wall. It's also my bedroom so it's decently full with crap.

Like I said, I'm not a pro and I'm not even close to considering charging anyone for mastering, I'm just trying to gain more experience and get some feedback.

4-Man Takedown said:

Like I said, I'm not a pro and I'm not even close to considering charging anyone for mastering, I'm just trying to gain more experience and get some feedback.

You want a challenge, try and make our stuff sound good! THanks again, email me back if you want to do it! :)

-Shoe

the idea behind mastering isnt to make it sound good but to make it sound better.....making it sound good starts with the recording.....

Back