Event 2020 Bas Vs Non-Bas 2020, both powered

Not so fast...

I first owned the 20/20 BAS (Had them for a year or two.)... I was SO sick of the little hum and noise coming out of them at all times and me not knowing if there ever was any hum or excess noise being generated elsewhere and going to tape because the monitors where ALWAYS doing that. I'd NEVER know!

After I bought a new power amp (for something totally unrelated), that was SO hum&noise-free even with the amp wide-open, I couldn't ditch my 20/20 BAS to buy the 20/20s... I haven't looked-back since!

Last edited:
Recording Engineer said:
Not so fast...

I first owned the 20/20 BAS (Had them for a year or two.)... I was SO sick of the little hum and noise coming out of them at all times and me not knowing if there ever was any hum or excess noise being generated elsewhere and going to tape because the monitors where ALWAYS doing that. I'd NEVER know!

After I bought a new power amp (for something totally unrelated), that was SO hum&noise-free even with the amp wide-open, I couldn't ditch my 20/20 BAS to buy the 20/20s... I haven't looked-back since!
thats v1. i know ppl over at Event.. they've been fixed that.. v2 and v3 montiors are fine and hum free.. as mine are...

you need to check out the ASP8's..
they blow away the mackies with easy and the genelec 1031's don't compare either..

Back