Equipment for Final Mix?

Anston

Hello all,
I've got 8 songs ready for a final mix and burn to make a master cd. I'm new to this. Do I need special equipment to perform this final mix (consistent equalization and volume for all songs? compression on final mix?, etc.) My Korg recorder itself is capable of burning a cd, but my final cuts all have varying degrees of volume, equalization, pauses between songs, etc. What do I need to complete a final mix where there is a balanced and persistent tone, pauses are of equal length, etc?

What are you going to do with this project? How important is it? The wording of your question suggests that, given the answer and the budget to impliment it, you would still lack the most essential items.....the ones that John mentioned in his brief answer. You can eventually get to a point where you can do a decent job of self mastering, but it's a long and expensive road that will never lead to a place that is better than having it done professionally. So if this is an important project, consider sending it out for mastering at this stage in your development.

Do you not have a way to transfer it to your PC for mastering? If not, then send it to someone else if you don't want to/can't get a PC setup.

Back