Does this sound like it's mixed in a home-studio??

Hugo Huijer

I've recorded/mixed my first album in my (ultra budget) home-studio. I am wondering what you guys think of the quality of the songs.

hugohuijer.bandcamp.com/

I am planning on upgrading my set to a proper home studio, but I would like to know what you guys think of the quality of the sound I can achieve right now.

Many thanks!

I'm more into electronic music, so this isn't really my style, but the recording, mixing, and production on the few songs I checked out all sound very hi-quality. It sounds like you spent a lot of time on getting it right, so pat yourself on the back. Well done!

I can't listen to your tracks easily by just pushing play. I hate band camp for this. Why is this so hard? I click download and nothing happens, i click the song link and there's no play button to stream. What about SoundCloud? Wayyyy easier.

Sorry,I just couldn't get it to work on 3 different browsers on a pc OR mac. Never can for band camp. I must be dumb?

Bandcamp can be a bit of a pain in the rear end, for sure. On another note, why isn't this in the mix clinic?

I think it sounds pretty good. There's a heck of a lot of stereo action happening... the acoustic is making me a bit dizzy. Anyway, I'd say it could pass for a better-than-budget studio recording but I wouldn't immediately think it was done in a full size studio or anything. A good mastering job might help it out. The vox seem a bit dull-sounding too. Cool song, though.

Incidentally, the pic you have of yourself up on that page is one of you in what looks like your bedroom - if I didn't think it was a home recording before, I do now! :P

thanks for the replies.

It's really surprising to me that bandcamp doesn't work :( On my pc, it always shows a list of the songs, with the play button next to it. It streams within a few seconds, and it works really smooth. I have absolutely no idea why it doesn't work.

And it's indeed recorded in my room. The setup I used when recording this was absolutely horrible.No acoustic treadment, no monitors, a shitty 1gm ram netbook (no laptop, it has a 11 inch screen), and a free drum vst.

When I finish my internship and go back home again, I'm gonna build a real good home-studio, so I will really aim for studio quality :)

Well done. It has a live feeling and that's excellent for that style of music You've captured the emotion well!

post them in the mp3 clinic.
That page is a PITA after 5 mins waiting i clicked on the you tube link and that didnt work.
Make it easy or folks wont be bothered.

SOUNDCLOUD

Back