Critique my mix..

jamesduysen

Hey guys I just finished my first protools mix. I used the projectmix and protools mpowered two mxl 993s as a stereo pair sm57 (snare) pg 56s (toms) pg 52 kick sm 58 (floor tom) and another sm58 on the front of the kick(I know that I dont have the best drum mic setup). I doubled the kick track and eqed one of them higher to make the kick click better. The drums have a little compression on them. I used an sm 57 on the guitars with a line 6 amp. For bass I used a pg 52 and an sm57 on a fender 400 bass cab (I need help on my bass technique!!!!!!***). For the vocals I used a ber b1 condenser but due to limited plugins on protools mpowered I could only use reverb and a little delay. I bounced everything after the mix and added a little limiter and cut 20 hz and boosted 14000 hz. Tell me what you think, please spare musical issues if you find any. This is pretty much my first real try at this and I need a little help!
Thanks,
James

HERE!

sounds pretty good, musically. im no expert at recording though.
my opinion is that the vocals are too far back, and that the crash cymbals are a little muddy.
once again, i am no expert,

Back