CD-TEXT/Gracenote, etc.

Christoffah

Hopefully this is in the right forum... does anyone know how to submit your CD's table of contents to the Gracenote/All Media Guide databases (or does this cost), or does anyone know how to encode songs with CD-TEXT information? I heard that this is usually done at the mastering stage.

Thanks in advance :)

Christoffah said:
Hopefully this is in the right forum... does anyone know how to submit your CD's table of contents to the Gracenote/All Media Guide databases (or does this cost), or does anyone know how to encode songs with CD-TEXT information? I heard that this is usually done at the mastering stage.

Thanks in advance :)
Is this the online service that will put the artist/song into something like winamp, or Musicmatch? If so, I have just gone to the site and submitted stuff. If not, sorry, I was confused.

Dogman said:
Is this the online service that will put the artist/song into something like winamp, or Musicmatch? If so, I have just gone to the site and submitted stuff. If not, sorry, I was confused.

Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about! When people put in my CD I want track, artist, CD, year, etc to appear, rather than

Track 01
Track 02

.. like I've seen in the past. Could you explain to me how you did this? I've been trying to find it in the past couple of days but am having no luck.

Many thanks!!

It looks like now, you have to put the cd into a player, and when the window comes up that it can't find it in a database, it shuold give you an option to submit it. you can go here....Gracenote faqs and see if there is better info. It never used to be quite so complicated.

Dogman said:
It looks like now, you have to put the cd into a player, and when the window comes up that it can't find it in a database, it shuold give you an option to submit it. you can go here....Gracenote faqs and see if there is better info. It never used to be quite so complicated.

"many applications do not provide a way to type the CD information for display on your computer without also submitting it to the Gracenote Media Recognition Service. "

I guess you're right; cheers Dogman!!

As far as CD-Text, right on the cd, what software do you use to burn with? I've used both Nero, current, and Roxio. Both will allow you to add CD-Text to a disc. My home stereo displays TExt, so I always use that option.

CD-Text and the CDDB (Gracenote is one of them) are two separate things.

CD-Text is burned onto the disc and allows for peoplewith hardware players (in your car or house, typically) to see album title, track title, and artist information. CDDB data is uploaded then propagated via software updates (which happen in the background all the time when your machine is online). I think iTunes allows you to upload CDDB data, but I'm not sure...

Back