Behringer MX9000- anybody use one?

HogansHiro

Now with 25% more sarcasm
I have the oppurtunity to get my hands on a behringer mx9000 from a small studio that went belly up. I've read reviews and they all seem pretty positive. Does anyone have any opinion on this puppy or ever used one? Im know they got sued from mackie for backwards engineering their boards so it must pretty damn close to their 2408. I would like to use it for a project studio with three XT20's as my recorders. Hell, the meter bridge is BUILT IN!! Those crazy germans, what will they think of next???
If you have an opinion let me know.

Do a search under Behringer and/or Mackie and see what you find. Then, come-back and let us know if still have any questions and/or are still confused

I've checked out about all the information I can find and they seem pretty identical even down to the size. I live in Hawaii where it's kinda hard to cruise on down to the music store and check one out. Stores here only carry Mackie as a reasonable recording board and then they have to special order it. I would appreciate any input from anyone who has hands on experience. Nothing like first hand experince....or second hand in my case.
I appreciate any help anyone might throw my. way

What I meant was a search here on the BBS. Anyway, I did a search and here's an old response of mine regarding Mackie vs. Behringer from 8-28-99. To tell you the truth, I think I'd prefer an Alesis board over a Behringer; but Mackie at top out of the three. Remember, this is just my experiences and my opinions.

As oddly as it might seem, I sort-of feel a loyalty toward Mackie for my intended live purposes. Ofcourse, I also (like most of this generation) started out with a Mackie (SR24-4) in my home studio. For the three years I had it, I lugged it around at least every other weekend (usually more) all over
Northern California (without a case) with countless numbers of knob turning and pluging & unpluging. As my ear trained over the years, I realized how much it just wasn't cutting it in the studio; it was quiet enough for me, but was just too steril. So I glanced in the paper for a few weeks and found a
32-ch. Soundcraft 200B console being sold by a "getting out of the business" local studio (known for SWV's debute album). The sound was night compared to the day (Mackie). Needless to say I bought it and sold my SR24-4 Mackie. I had a problem though because I still needed a live board (the Soundcraft is too large for my live applications). And so with all my reliable experience with Mackie, I bought a 1604VLZ-PRO to go in my live roll-rack. Not only is Mackie reliable, it also has a clean,
crisp sound which I love for live sound-renforcement because you're able to here every instrument in detail. I don't know, I would just feel guilty if I were to buy a Beringer; it's not the real thing. But I know only those who've had the same kind-of Mackie reliability experience will be able to understand. I don't mean to offend any Beringer users. I have not had any experience with a Beringer; maybe they're just as reliable. Would anyone mind sharing their Beringer experience (pos. or neg.).

Back