Auto Tune

Jordan Rand

Okay, So I'm Thinking About Purchasing Auto Tune EFX For My Plugin Arsenal, If You May, And I Was Just Wondering What The Standard Processing Power You Would Need To Get It To Run Properly.

I Use An Old Mac G4 With A Processor Of 450 MHz.
And 1 Gig Of SDRAM.

Would This Work Efficiently Or Not?

I like to think that any plug in should have as much power as possible to run properly...IDK...but does your other stuff work well with that?

It looks like Efx only runs in a DAW, so if your DAW runs on your computer and it is listed on Anteres' website as being compatible, then it should work.

Well auto-tune I know drains a lot of the processing power on a computer, and my computer only can run about four mono tracks on pro tools all with a compressor, limiter, and 7-band Eq.. and then it starts acting slower. So I'm concerned if I go out to spend the $100 and buy it, that it'll back fire on me because my computer wont keep up with it, as well as, everything else I have to run for RTAS's...

Okay, So I'm Thinking About Purchasing Auto Tune EFX For My Plugin Arsenal, If You May, And I Was Just Wondering What The Standard Processing Power You Would Need To Get It To Run Properly.

I Use An Old Mac G4 With A Processor Of 450 MHz.
And 1 Gig Of SDRAM.

Would This Work Efficiently Or Not?

I'm just impressed that you managed to capitalize the first letter of EVERY word in that post. Simply astounding! :eek:

Its Just How I Type.. Lol. I Get Shit For It All The Time.
That's because it makes it hard to read, and therefore isn't an effective form of communication.

In reality, auto-tune doesn't work that well in automatic mode. Using it as an offline process in graphic mode is the preferred method. That doesn't take any cpu cycles during playback or mixdown.

Back