Analog To CD Burner

schmee

I have a friend who wants to bounce pre recorded cassettes onto the CD burner housed in his new PC. I am assuming he just wants to play his music in a more convenient format which obviously will not improve the sound. Any ideas?

Get any wav editor that can record (plenty of shareware and freeware available, search this BBS for recomendations), record the cassettes in via the soundcard as wav files, burn the wav files to CD. They'll be CD tracks after they are burned.

Supposedly Adaptec Easy CD Creator pro has a program with it that will help improve the sound quality of old vinyl albums, and might help out with the cassette noise as well. Either way, the sound won't be that bad unless the connection between the cassette deck and the soundcard is bad.

Hey schmee, I've been burning cds from old tapes of mine using cool edit 96. I don't think it's available anymore, with cool edit 2000 out now. I use the freebie demo and the noise reduction option is very efficient for my old stuff. cool edit's easy as pie to use, too. I'm sure 2000 version is even cooler. Check out the whole site and the free downloads at www.syntrillium.com? ...gibs

Back