adjustable/movable pan controls for mac?

kraven13

Hi. I'm new to digital recording on my Mac. Right now I'm using Garageband primarily. I was wondering if anybody knew of a free/cheap sound application I can open up AIFF files in, that has adjustable stereo panning. In Garageband the pan slider is non-adjustable in terms of "moving" the track around during the song. Years ago I had a program that allowed me to click in points, almost like volume control, so the panning could move around. I need something like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Audacity. :)

audacity.sourceforge.net/

Haven't used it in a few years, but the price is right & should do what you need. :)
Nathan

I don't think you can draw in panning in Audacity.

I know exactly what you are talking about, and I do it in ProTools or in Digital Performer. But I don't know of a freeware program that will do it.

You can get a Digidesign mBox Mini for $250-295, which comes with the latest version of ProTools LE. But that's probably not cheap enough.

You also might try Apple's Logic Express (don't know how much that costs though).

Yeah, it can. If I am understanding the question properly.

Just drop down the mixer channel for the track and click where it says Track Volume, you can then switch it to Track Pan, and automate until you are dizzy.

Back