Mastering software???

Niko

What software is best to use for mastering?

Where could i get some good dx plugins for cool edit?

I think you're confusing mastering with mixing. Search google for some cheap plugins (Blueline plugins are alright) or buy some Waves plugins.

"mastering"

I posted the exact same sentence a few weeks ago...

- if we can call this "mastering" I usualy use iZotope Ozone 2, and Waves C1 / L2.

What about mastering in cool edit???

Why do i always here from, that cool edit ist really professional program, it sure is simple to use, but i dont see aproblem here???

What do you think, is it possible to make a pro recordings in cool edit?

if it sound good then cool edit is the thing to use.

i use sonar for recording and mixing

i use sekd's red roaster (i.e. samplitude master) for mastering.

this is a funny thing... mastering. use to be that people referred to mastering in terms of putting together multiple songs on a release so that the songs are level. now people speak in terms of making an individual song sound as clear and loud as possible.

if i am just concerned with one song, then i'll go ahead and 'master' in sonar and then just use nero or easy cd creator to do the burn.

if i am concerned with multiple songs, then i'll mix them individually in sonar, export the audio to 24bit/48khz wav files, and bring them into Red Roaster. Red Roaster allows me to do frequency analysis on the individual tracks, and set EQ, multiband compression, and limiting on the individual tracks in addition to fades, crossfades, and volume settings.

Niko said:
Dear FattMusiek! I dont confuse those two. But thaks for your warning.

I do confused... can anyone tell me what is the difference? sorry.. i believed this thread is very old...

Back