vBulletin?

ChristopherM

In setting up www.indieshout.com, I'm investigating options to get it's discussion board up and running. I really like vBulletin (what we're using here) because I've seen it on many forums and it seems to work well. Anyone have any experience setting this up on a web hosting service? The web hosting service I'm using is ADDR.com. According to vBulletin's info, all I have to do it ask ADDR to turn on mySQL and then upload the vBulletin software and I'm pretty much good to go (save for all the configurations). Before shelling out the cash to them, I want to make sure it's at least close to the headache-free experience they claim.

Christopher

P.S. Yes, I know there are cheaper web hosts out there, but I've been using ADDR.com for several years and have been happy with the from the get-go.

I'm surprised that you haven't had tons of responses regarding your question from the, do I dare say, Idiot Element. :)

I don't know if it will necessarily be 'headache free' by using this type of board. The only problems that I've had using this board is that there are sometimes too many people on it. When that happens, it is for all intents and purposes, it's unusable. Will that create headaches for you? I don't know, but it might.

Another PK said:
I'm surprised that you haven't had tons of responses regarding your question from the, do I dare say, Idiot Element. :)
Do we have to keep going there? Really? Enough.
Another PK said:
I don't know if it will necessarily be 'headache free' by using this type of board. The only problems that I've had using this board is that there are sometimes too many people on it. When that happens, it is for all intents and purposes, it's unusable. Will that create headaches for you? I don't know, but it might.
The problem with this board in particular isn't the vBulletin program, I've belonged to a number of forums that use it. The problem is when you have servers that can't handle the traffic.

Hey Christopher

http://roaddog.com/

Email Dave ...he is the founder of PSW / Live_ Audio etc etc
He has more experience with this than anyone. He is an international touring audio tech as well so it might take him a few days to reply but he has been through it all with PSW
Cheers

Back