'For a Moment' first full length CD

Brian Miller

Hey everyone,

My father are I are a studio project called Escher's Enigma. I handle vocals, guitar, piano, MIDI programming, and all production aspects. My father handles the bass. We collaborate on all songwriting. We have a combined 40+ years of professional live and studio music experience and try to put it all into our work.

We've put three of the tracks - 2 originals and 1 cover - on Soundcloud for free listening (with all that wonderful Soundcloud compression). The album can be purchased for $9 at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RM57XFG/ref=cm_sw_su_dp. If you are interested in hearing the full album and would be willing to publicly review it, whether here or on Amazon, send me a PM and it's yours for free.

SOUNDCLOUD: https://soundcloud.com/eschersenigma/sets/for-a-moment

We've released two EPs to date, and this is our first full length CD. Being a studio project exclusively, we produce an eclectic mix of genres (because we don't need to worry about replicating it on stage) but I do my best to mix/master the album for tonal consistency. On this album you'll hear acoustic rock, adult contemporary, singer songwriter, indie rock, blues, modern pop, and more. However, I can perform all of our music live as a solo acoustic singer/songwriter when I gig.

When it comes to the mixing/mastering choices that we made, you will hear that our low end and bass guitar in particular is much more prominent than most pop/rock music today. We are both sick of hearing music that has no low end just to push the levels up and slam things even harder into the brick wall limiter. Most rock bands today may as well not even have a bass guitar. Thus we believe our music is balanced across the full spectrum as it should be. Still, this is not the norm today and we recognize it may throw some people off.

Anyway almost a full year of hard work went into this and we are quite proud of it. I hope you enjoy.

Best,

Brian
Escher's Enigma - Home

I'm a bass player (among other things) and so I was pleasantly surprised by the nice bassy mix. Smooth playing. Nice voice. Your dad's got a good touch.

The production on the album sounds rather good. I listened to the Sweet Child cover a few weeks ago. It was a nice cover, especially since you didn't go all try hard on it like all those amateur rock gods on youtube covers.

Thanks for the kind remarks everyone. And Greg - thanks again for your help with the drum mixing on "When Your Heart" at the very end of mixing. Much appreciated.

Sounds awesome Brian!
Great mix. Everything sounds very well balanced.
The Guns N' Roses cover is very interesting. Completely different vibe from the original which of course was your intent.
Your other tunes sound refreshing. Especially "Hide Behind the Text". Great guitar work.

cheers

Thanks again for all the kind remarks guys! If anybody wants the full CD just shoot me a private message. I'd be happy to share.

We received 5 reviews of the album through the indie music reviewing network. Here are the highlights:

“ “For a Moment” delivers an impressive, passionate, impassioned 10 song release. … At the end of the day Russ and Brian are a world-class singer-songwriter father/son duo possessing an infectious personality clearly worthy of worldwide recognition.”
-Indie Music Digest

“…a solid release full of pop perfection, and with comical moments like ‘Hide Behind the Text’ , there is no losing on one second of this killer indie-pop platter.”
-Vents Magazine

“The CD wastes no time in showing its pop prowess and delivers a slamming opener with ‘Should Have Known’… I come away with nothing but top marks to give. This being my introduction to this band, I’m all for hearing more from them, it’s a solid release full of pop perfection, and with comical moments like Hide Behind The Text, there is no losing on one second of this killer indie-pop platter.”
-Indie Artists Alliance

“Everything cooks here from the guitars, vocals, and other instruments. … It’s not getting any easier to find great pop songwriting these days… but I haven’t heard anything from [Escher’s Enigma] that isn’t exactly that.”
-All What’s Rock

“If you can’t sit back and enjoy this you’re missing what great modern pop is all about.”
-Music Existence

There was constructive criticism as well, as to be expected. Most if not all reviewers felt the album was too short overall with only 10 songs, and that the songs in general were too short, most falling around the 3:00-3:30 mark, and a couple falling just short of 3:00min.

Anyway this is a very pleasant way to close out almost a year of hard work on the album. On to the next project!

Back