Shopping for Country, Alt Country Originals

DigitalDon

No I'm not a big label guy or even an indie label guy. My 20 year old son has a country band (Lone Ryder) actively doing gigs. He has a fantastic voice (think Kenny Chesney) and a great band. These aren't kids either (ages from 38 to 55). They've all been in various bands for 20 years and up. They're experienced and talented. Nuff said.

We're looking for up tempo songs along the lines of Kenny Chesney, Diamond Rio, George Strait, Toby Keith, etc. No twangy stuff. Damn I'm starting to sound like TAXI. If you've got a slow ballad you're really proud of I'd like to listen to it too. The good fast songs are just really hard to find. I've listened to over 400 songs from songcatalog.com to come up with 2 or 3 good ones. I also have a couple from MCA Publishing Nashville that might be users. I'm not concerned with the quality of recording so it doesn't have to be a full band recording. Vocal and guitar would be fine. Let me know where to go to listen or I can PM my address for a CD/tape.

I've been home recording for about 5 years (and on this BBS for about 4). I'm currently building a 1200 sq ft studio behind my house where all recording will take place. I have about 2 months left before completion. At that time, my son's band will start work on original material. Some they've written but most from elsewhere. They expect to release an indie CD in about 6 months. That's where we're coming from.

Hey Gidge - I still have your lyrics. Can you send a CD of what you've done?

Thanks,
DD

Hey Don, I have a good midstream country tune and several more including ballads. I'm unable to perfrom anymore so The stuff I write is for others.

Get past the intro! Then you'll see where it's going.

You said quality is not an issue, it's my second recording.

Joe

www.nowhereradio.com/mytunes/singles

Thanks Joe. I went to the site but the download wouldn't work right. I tried "lo-fi" play but it would play for about 8 seconds then buffer forever. I'm sure it's because of my really, really slow connection. If you'd like to send a CD/tape just PM me for my mailing address. I'll keep trying that site.

DD

I'm hoping you will be able to stream it. I haven’t had any feed back that people couldn't get it to play. I have only had that posted for about a week and it has 217 plays.

The other tune on there, "MIDNIGHT LADY" has been holding the #1 spot for days now with 425 plays, 187 of them by different people. It's not country at all though.

I was flattered that my first offerings were so well-received.

Keep in touch with me and if you need a copy I will send you one. I've only been into country music for a couple of years now so any feedback you have on it would be appreciated.

Joe

There is a bunch of stuff at Tonos ....but you have to join. Its abit of a money grab but then what isn't.
I went to Nashville three times in the last six months and recieved over 100 songs from great writers. There is no way I could have done this without being there. Crap even the burger flipper at McDonalds is a songwriter in Nashville.
Best of luck
www.littlerockband.com

"the good fast songs are hard to find"

i hear ya...the last time i heard a good fast country song was merle haggards "workin' man blues"

Back