MyMP3 released!

D

danny.guitar

I've spent some time working on this. I'm still going to add more features in, but as it is, it works fine as far as I can tell.

This is a simple (free) script you can upload to your website. It gives you an administration panel, you can upload your songs, receive reviews, set a song for stream only or download, no quality/size limits, flash player included, hide/show lyrics, IP banning, song statistics: plays, downloads, views, unique plays/downloads/views, etc.

You can view and use the Live Demo here to try it out:
http://www.niterevolution.com/mymp3 (Click the Live Demo tab)

It's a very simple script and I'm still working on it. If you want to try out the administration panel, go here:
http://www.niterevolution.com/mymp3/demo/mymp3/admin
Username: demo
Password: demo

View the first link for instructions/videos on installing it to your website, or ask me if you have any questions.

The original idea for this was something for people to use so they can get feedback on their songs, but I'm going to be adding in PayPal/Google Checkout features so people can also sell their songs. It may be a little while before that is done.

Anyway let me know what you think.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(And here's my MyMP3 site that I put on my domain, using it instead of SoundClick):
http://www.dannydotguitar.com/mymp3

Great!

This is really nice!
I had been contemplating how to post songs recorded in the studio on my web site.

This looks great.
I am so nontechnical with programming.
You say there is no limitation on file type or size?

Cool.

Thanks,
I'll let you know how it goes once I find out how much space my web site allows me.

Tom

This is really nice!
I had been contemplating how to post songs recorded in the studio on my web site.

This looks great.
I am so nontechnical with programming.
You say there is no limitation on file type or size?

Cool.

Thanks,
I'll let you know how it goes once I find out how much space my web site allows me.

Tom

Nope, there's no limit on size or quality of MP3s. Let me know if you need help/encounter any bugs. I tested it pretty well but never know. :)

There's also demonstration videos on how to set it up, here:
http://niterevolution.com/mymp3/videos/

Very nice. You need to put some Google Ads on your site, then I will advertise there! :D

Yeah I should have thought about that when I was designing the site. :o Gonna have to find a good place to put them.

(I'll advertise for you if you send me one of your cardioid mics :eek: ;))

I didn't get far with the live demo - I have a pop up blocker on - when I clicked to play it went to a blank.
Oh, the play & download arrows are mentioned and visible as buttons although unlabelled - could that be an issue?

rayc - When clicking the play arrow button, it will pop up a window with a flash player. Make sure you have the latest version of flash installed. Also, popup blockers will probably block the popup window. And any adblocking software you may have might even prevent the flash player from showing, although AdBlock Plus doesn't seem to do this.

What internet browser are you using and what version? And what ad/popup blocker?

Danny, this is a great idea and a cool service. Thanks for sharing! I only wish I was smart enough to figure this stuff out...I don't even understand the terminology (not yours...computer speak in general). I use doteasy for my bands website and even though the website itself was fairly easy for us PC stupid types, I can't seem to add anything to it even though they walk me through directions to do so. I could never load an FTP site there that they recommended, so I'm just doing things wrong. Guess I'll have to find a book (is there a website for dummies book?) so I can figure this stuff out. I have to upgrade my website somehow so it's not so cheesy looking...but I can't beat the price!

I will be using your service though. Thanks again.

Hi, RickW.

FTP (unless you already know) is just a way to put files onto your website (upload).

That's all that's needed to use this. Has "doteasy" provided you with an FTP username/password?

You will probably also need your cPanel username/password. They should give this to you also. If not, just ask them.

I wouldn't mind guiding you through it or setting it up for you. We would just need those user/passwords and it would only take a few minutes.

Thanks for checking it out.

I'm using the IE 6 SP2 - can't use 7 as it causes havoc with my HP printer etc software.
I'm uing AVG SOHO as well as a windows blocker.
I use Moz Firefox when I have probs so I'll try that - thought the prob might be important pre launch for you though.
It's a VERY excellent thing you are doing by the way - a touch of altruism is always a good thing.
I just tried it again - it seems to work - the track didn't play but everything in the demo went smoothly!

Thanks rayc, i had to disable the song play because right now im on limited bandwidth until i upgrade the acct, so as long as everything else is working, that's good. :)

I'll test it out with IE 6 and AVG and see if I can find problems and possibly provide a fix.

Any bugs that you (or anyone) find is very helpful at this point as it's still in the very early beta stages. I'm also adding more stuff to the admin panel which should be done soon.

Back