music feedback

jbodner246

would love any kind of feedback from u guys! give a listen. Generally i have had all good reviews, but bad ones are welcome too!!! i would rather have bad than none. i think. :) thanx!

humantheband.com

thanx

appreciate the compliment!. I am getting mixed reviews on the sounds. I personally wish the drums were better, but i gotta live with it :) Some of the guitars are direct in with a gsp2101 preamp/processor, so there isnt too much more i can do with em. maybe better off using mics on the amps for bigger sound.

hijbodner,

usually ppl post their music in the mp3 clinic, so try to avoid crosspointing.

About your song( Mother) , It is a little too repetitive for me, and also the doubled acoustics sound a bit muddy to me. Instead of JKZ, I'd work more on the songs. Mother is really abit disapointing.

mother

thats actually the first bad review i have had on that song, but thanx for taking the time to d/l it. try one of the others. maybe u will fond something else of interest

Sorry, didn't want to put your work down, I just had to be honest.

I'll give the others a go too

cu

Brett

its kewl. it seems to be the only bad song writing review i have gotten. It helps me with the good reviews b/c after so many good posts, u start to get skeptical to whether or not people are just being kind. but do give the others a listen! thanx again!

jim

I kinda liked them, does seem like the drums could be better. There is something about mother, I'll need to listen to it a few more time but I'll let ya know. Oh, by the way, where are you from?

Re: mother

jbodner246 said:
thats actually the first bad review i have had on that song, but thanx for taking the time to d/l it. try one of the others. maybe u will fond something else of interest

I personally like the song "mother" the best out of the three you had posted.It's got the Worse sound quality though.The song has a Johnny Van Zant band feel to it.have you listened to any of his old stuff?

Not bad tunes. Personally, I'd like more "crack" out of the snare. Also I'm not a fan of the Ovation plugged in acoustic sound at all. It would be MUCH sweeter with those acoustics mic'ed up rather than plugged in.

thanx for feedback everyone

ok i am from NY, the drums do need improvement, but as u know drums are hard to capture. johhny van zandt? ronnies brother? not sure... track rat, very good ear on the ovation sound. I do actually prefer though, but i am impressed that u could pick that up!

thanx again. keep em comin

Mother and About Your Love

Hi JBodner,
I really like your instrumental arrangement in 'About Your Love'. I guess that's your best song, though its verse could have used a couple more lines to make the whole tune more solidified. On other hand, 'Mother' is a bit misleading. I'd expected it to be a very gentle song, like 'Julia' of Beatles, but it turned out to be a heavy rock song. But nice experiment anyway. I'd continue to review more of your songs on the web.

Back