I need some inlay paper!

dogbiscuit

Does anyone know what sort of paper to buy for printing inlays. I would like to print an inlay for a song I have finished just from home using a lexmark injet printer and I would like it to look like the genuine article. I'm hoping to buy some double sided paper exactly the same as what you'd get inside a standard cd single from the shops. So does anyone know, is it gloss paper, what weight is it, etc?

dogbiscuit said:
Does anyone know what sort of paper to buy for printing inlays. I would like to print an inlay for a song I have finished just from home using a lexmark injet printer and I would like it to look like the genuine article. I'm hoping to buy some double sided paper exactly the same as what you'd get inside a standard cd single from the shops. So does anyone know, is it gloss paper, what weight is it, etc?

I'd use a heavier weight matte photo paper. The problem with that is that you may not be able to print on both sides. If you don't care about it having that "photo" appearance, just get some standard heavier weight glossy paper.

If you don't want the gloss, There's a really cool paper called Classic Columns that you should check out.

As far as weights go, check out a light cardstock (I forget the exact poundage), or, as I said previously, a heavier-weight paper. Find a paper sales place (not an office supply store) in your area, give them a call, tell them what you're looking for, and see what they suggest. If you really wanted to get snazzy, you could go with a cotton-based paper or a linen-based paper, but that would get away from your "look like the genuine article" requirement.

Of course, you may want yours to stand apart from everything else. That's what I'd want. Something that grabs attention and says, "Hey! Look at me!"

Ok thanks for the advice folks. I have bought a 190gsm double sided gloss paper so I'll see how I get on with that. If it's good for the job then I'll let u know.

Back