You can't see me!

UGMastermind

Sinister South
Hey I recorded this track a few months back and was just wondering what you guys thought of it. I think I have improved a lot since I started doing music (well I would hope so because I've been at it for over 10 years now). It's called "You can't see me" it's the first song on my myspace page. The track is only 1:30, I like to keep'em short as hell, 90% of my solo songs are that short. That way when I release cds they have like 50 songs on them, now tell me someone that's doing that besides punk bands. Anyway let me know what you think of the track beat, vocals, delivery and all.

Russ,

I've heard better from you son. The beat and the vocals clash too much. It's too hard to differentiate them. The delivery is subpar to say the least. Here's my 0.02 cents and you know I'ma give you real talk.

...Why put 50 tracks of subpar material or worse instead of maybe putting 16 - 22 tracks of bangers, classics, and attention grabbers? You're selling yourself, that's the whole deal in the game you know that. Would you rather sell yourself as top notch Ginsu or Ronco bullshit that gets no respect from most. And no don't use your genre or trying to be different as an excuse. I've heard shit (including horrorcore) that I could still keep on rotation because I dug it and some that I wished I hadn't heard...ever.

If I went through so many tracks, I would be thinking "damn am I listening to a sampler?" Then I probably wouldn't keep it on play in my CD player.

Fiev

Hmm interesting. I'll take all that into consideration bro. Oh but as far as the short song thing goes I had licensing for commercials in mind, you know jingles. Some would call me a sellout for saying that, but I would love to get into the jingle game eventually. You know I'm pretty versatile I produce music for all genres. There was this one guy can't remember his name but he's popular in the metal/punk game and he did something similar. That song is a bad example of the jingle thing though other than the shortness. Thanks for the comments Fieva.

Back