Software transfer question.....

Trumpspade

I'M BLESSED.......
To be more specific:

I want to transfer Reason 3.0 to a my desktop pc that I just installed a new hardrive in. My Reason disk is damaged and it won't load. I had it on the old desktop pc and now I have it on my Laptop. Is there a way I can load it on my new desktop without the disk?
I have just started getting back into Reason and I am about to upgrade to 4.0, but I need it on my Desktop because that is what I have my Studio patched through.......

any suggestions?

Well, technically you own the rights to a version of Reason so... :rolleyes: you could download the entire version of Reason from a torrent or another site which will give you the entire program. I had to do this a while back with Reason 2.5 and know the hassle. The "honest" thing to do :p is to contact Propellerhead and get them to order you new CD's for a small fee. Up to you I guess....

I don't trust any site I can dowload it from. I am not buying anymore hardrives:D................Worst case, I'll just throw my laptop in the chain!
I was just curious if there was a way to transfer it. If not, I will survive!

Can anyone lend me assistance with a rewiring question with Sonar and Reason?

I can get it rewired. But I just want to know if I can bounce the tracks from Reason individually?

What part of it is damaged? If it's scratches on the CD itself, there is a program called CloneDVD that should be able to make a perfect copy of the CD or DVD without the errors. I use it to make backups of my Playstation 2 games. I own them so no foul.

If you call Propellerhead, they're going to charge you more than you should be paying just because the disc is messed up.

If you want, I can pass that program to you so you can get movin'.

Well, technically you own the rights to a version of Reason so... :rolleyes: you could download the entire version of Reason from a torrent or another site which will give you the entire program. I had to do this a while back with Reason 2.5 and know the hassle. The "honest" thing to do :p is to contact Propellerhead and get them to order you new CD's for a small fee. Up to you I guess....

I love torrents. Helps me keep backups of everything I want in nice little ISO files that usually don't suffer the same problems the actual discs do sometimes.

Fie.

What part of it is damaged? If it's scratches on the CD itself, there is a program called CloneDVD that should be able to make a perfect copy of the CD or DVD without the errors. I use it to make backups of my Playstation 2 games. I own them so no foul.

If you call Propellerhead, they're going to charge you more than you should be paying just because the disc is messed up.

If you want, I can pass that program to you so you can get movin'.

I love torrents. Helps me keep backups of everything I want in nice little ISO files that usually don't suffer the same problems the actual discs do sometimes.

Fie.

There are minor scratches that probably is causing the problem because it just won't load. It gets to a certain point and then just punk out!
Let me ask you this:
If I still have a copy of 2.5 can I upgrade straight to 4.0?
My homeboy still has a 2.5 copy, I think!

There are minor scratches that probably is causing the problem because it just won't load. It gets to a certain point and then just punk out!
Let me ask you this:
If I still have a copy of 2.5 can I upgrade straight to 4.0?
My homeboy still has a 2.5 copy, I think!

Not sure, I would think so, but it might need things from Reason 3 to incorporate into Reason 4. It's kind of like trying to use a Vista upgrade disc when you're PC is running 98. There's gonna be things from XP that probably are necessary but aren't on the Vista disc.

Not saying it's totally impossible, but you may wanna do your homework before shelling out the dinero for the upgrade.

Fie.

from the cpu that the program is working fine on - transfer the .exe and all relevant files/folders to a USB DRIVE, then connect that USB DRIVE to the new cpu u want the program on . ..

ive done that with my word processing programs and my ACID software . . . . it workedfine for me

.....Can anyone lend me assistance with a rewiring question with Sonar and Reason? ...... But I just want to know if I can bounce the tracks from Reason individually?

You might want to ask this part of the question in the Cakewalk Forum.

I use Sonar 6 as my MASTER, but I slave my sequencing program (Acid 6) from another computer. So... I can't tell you how to rewire it. :cool:

But.... I'm sure they can help you in the Cakewalk Forum.

from the cpu that the program is working fine on - transfer the .exe and all relevant files/folders to a USB DRIVE, then connect that USB DRIVE to the new cpu u want the program on . ..

ive done that with my word processing programs and my ACID software . . . . it workedfine for me

That's good to know, I'll take a stab at that too!

Thx Bro

You might want to ask this part of the question in the Cakewalk Forum.

I use Sonar 6 as my MASTER, but I slave my sequencing program (Acid 6) from another computer. So... I can't tell you how to rewire it. :cool:

But.... I'm sure they can help you in the Cakewalk Forum.

I'll give the Cakewalk forum a shout as well!
I figured there was more Reason user here.......
The only thing is, the last time I asked the Cakewalk Forum a question about rewiring in the past, they couldn't help me on the Reason end of it. I can get it rewired, and I can bounce the tracks, I just wanted to know if I could bounce the reason tracks to individual tracks in Sonar.
I wish there was a Reason forum here because I like the variety of Info on this site. But I know, you can't please everyone!:D
If that was the case, you'll need a 100gigs just to view HR.COM....LOL

THX

Back