Need help with freestyle rapping

Diztanz

Jus lookin for anyone who has some exercises they use to practice their freestyle.... givin time i can write good, but on the fly comes out like garbage.. any suggestions would help

just do it. freestyle when youre not doing anything.
theres no lesson plan or magic trick, just keep doing it. over time youll get better.
You begin to build a rolodex of words that rhyme in your head, and implament them.

I can't free to save my life. Used to I could some, but I don't ever do it anymore. It's just not important to me. Some of the best freestylers are the worst writers, because they lazy. They just write what comes to em.

I can write really quickly, but I can't free very well at all.

I can't free to save my life. Used to I could some, but I don't ever do it anymore. It's just not important to me. Some of the best freestylers are the worst writers, because they lazy. They just write what comes to em.

I agree freestlying use to be fun to me , but now i like to be more creative in what I do. If you really wanna be heard in what you say it's better to write.
I never was really good at freestyling either. I'm way more better at writing & to tha dude who said he could maybe write better than freestlying. Well it's not that easy either when it comes to writing. Some Mc's are better freestlyers than writers & vice versa. Me I'm a writer & will alway'z be. I love writing now. I use to be lazy & not want to write, but once you get tha passion in writing you'll love it & not wanna even think about freestlying ever again in your whole entire life. Like the dude said about being lazy that's exactly how I feel now when I do freestlye like a lazy bum with no passion in writing and quite frankly it's not a good feeling when your a writer so i tend not to freestlye anymore bc of it.

Jus lookin for anyone who has some exercises they use to practice their freestyle.... givin time i can write good, but on the fly comes out like garbage.. any suggestions would help

You gotta practice what you write. You can't just write it down then expect to not mess up a couple of time while recording it. You gotta do it over & over until you memorize your words more. You'll get tha hang of it. It's not that hard once you do it alot.

It's like Jay said, "Lyrical Exercise"...

"So I had to memorize these rhymes until I got home
Ya understand? Once you memorize a sentence
It's like an exercise"

Im blessed to do both. I agree writtin scripts or lyrics is the best way to make some tight songs. Speaking of Jay-Z. This cat never writes. I seen a 45min video documentary about him makin his last album. This video showed him in different studios lacin tracks. This cat doesnt write. He will listen to the beat, go in the booth and just spit. He even memorizes the stuff he said as if his brain is like a huuge memory computer.

I go in different ways in makin a song. One way would be me in the zone and can write a hit song in an hour or less. Another way I do when I have writers block, I would listen to the beat, and freesytle while listening to it. Any tight ideas I get while freestylin, Id jot it down.

qb2k5 said:
Im blessed to do both. I agree writtin scripts or lyrics is the best way to make some tight songs. Speaking of Jay-Z. This cat never writes. I seen a 45min video documentary about him makin his last album. This video showed him in different studios lacin tracks. This cat doesnt write. He will listen to the beat, go in the booth and just spit. He even memorizes the stuff he said as if his brain is like a huuge memory computer.

I go in different ways in makin a song. One way would be me in the zone and can write a hit song in an hour or less. Another way I do when I have writers block, I would listen to the beat, and freesytle while listening to it. Any tight ideas I get while freestylin, Id jot it down.

You're right.. Jay's flowing style is hugely based on Biggie's method....

thanx to all

thanx for the posts guys.. i prolly wouldnt need to do any freestyle any way but my eyes are a bit more open to things. luckily it seems i can write(so im told) i was only hoping to perfect my writing a bit more if i could get better at freestyling. but being im only going to be in studio, freestyle wont be as important..

thanx all

Back