Need Critique on Mix!

rnb259

hey ya'll, well i finally made the move to professional mixing. I now mix using all the elements of the song (kick, snare, piano, guitar, etc.). With that said here is my first real mix, oh and to those that don't get it i was mixing just using a two track beat with the vocals (not really mixing at all!).

So here is my first mix, some of you may even remember the song
plus i was hoping to get this one on the hustle magic compilation so here ya'll go!

Killa Kingz- Kingz (mixed version)
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3046437&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3046437&q=hi

oh and yeah, i produced the track as well so hit me with those comments

sound real damn good..(even tho Im listening through Computer speakers at work)..good job..

The beat's on fire....hook straight brings it. You're on the third verse right? That's the best one I heard out of all three. The first one seemed like he couldn't ride the beat right. The second one seemed to have that problem too (plus I think he was rappin' too fast to understand about half of what he was saying. I didn't feel his confidence in his lyrics. Production is fire though. I really think this one could use an intro in it too but that's my opinion. The intro was about 40 seconds long...people are gonna be wondering if it's just a beat or a full song after about 20 secs.

yo, this is nice as hell. the track is fire both lyrically and production wise. the mix is sweet as a nat's azz. the cat on the second verse is nice, he reminds me of big boi. the dude hitting the third verse is cool. i personally think the dude in the first verse nailed it.

Thanks Ya'll

Yeah, im on the third verse alright, and thats me on the chorus as well. Like i said this is the first single for the new album, we shot a video to the song and everything! We are basically promoting our single cd right now, so its nothing but hot ish from here on out!

I would be grateful if you would put this on the Hustle Mgic compilation, all our info is on sound click. Any other questions you can just AIM me, or drop me a message on my message board.

Thanks for the love!

Back