lead rapper caught a charge

crosstudio

after we finished recording ghetto clique, the lead rapper caught a little charge and spent a couple of months in the bing.

after he got out on bail, we released ghetto clique as a single having a reasonable belief that he would beat the issue.

the trial keeps getting continued and its really fucking things up because we can't schedule any shows beyond his next scheduled trial date.

see... this is what i'm talking about. the music is where it needs to be, but outside events whether created by people in the industry who want a piece of the pie or self destructive behavior keeps you from getting where you need to be.

half the summer is gone and college events (greek organizations and such) are starting to get booked. we did a show at a cultural festival at Kentucky University and made so much money from the show (plus 5 star hotel and free food), and sold all the CDs that we brought.

my advice to you cross studio is this...............

Move on.... recoup as much of your loss as you can and go to a new project. Do not waste your time hoping things pan out..... You may be close to this cat, but from a pure business decision you are better off concentrating and promoting someone who is in the clear to focus on success. When this cat settles his issue you can continue, but until then develop new talent to work with.

I have always had the same rules with my artists on their behavior level. You F*** up...... That is your mistake not mine.....You wanna make it here get your act together and focus on success..................... There is a ton of talented rappers out their, the key is finding the ones that are willing to make all the sacrifices it takes to have a career in the music industry.......

yo Gec, if i had a nickel for every time I've told someone that exact same thing, I'd have a mackie 8-bus instead of a 1604.

have you heard this cats vocal delivery? he's sick. although i've been involved with many other artist, i've only had 1 other artist that had star vocal quality and he just got out the joint on a rape charge last year... i should look him up.

i've been rolling with this dude for over 5 years. we were in a band together (Ginuwine was the lead singer and he was the lead rapper) before i decided to go the producer route.

Yo Crosstudio,

I've been in your situation more times than I care to admit. From jail time to unadulturated crime to drugs from heroin to codeine to powder to liquor and gun/assault charges, and let's not even talk about the trouble with hoes in various area codes - city to city, state to state, and country to country, etc. etc. etc...

Gec's advice is on point all day everyday, dog. It's a fucked ass up situation, especially cuz you got love for your boy and shit, but again, that "go down with the ship" mentality is for the birds. I'm not talking about rolling over on anybody, that's a whole 'nother topic, but in this business shit, you gotta keep it movin'. I'm not sayin' not to be down for the git, not by any means, but you gotta do other shit, regardless... (i just realized that was a bit redundant, but fuck it). Maybe your number 2 & 3 becomes your number one on the time tip, maybe you can piggyback CDs of your ace when you do shows with the other cats you bang with. Stick with money through thick and thin, true enough, but you still gotta put in work. <more redundancy, i know> Like I said, all day everyday... I imagine you already know all this shit, it's just tough to deal with when it's dead in your grill. I feel you, dog. Hold your head, and if ol' boy gotta be on blocks for a piece, then so be it. It's really not in your hands. Sad but true.

Maintain...

Flo' Dolo

so far the only talent that hasn't failed on me is me. myself and one of the other producers on HomeRec are trying to get together to do some work as well.

i'm not gonna bail on my boy, but i'm definitely going to keep things moving. i've even thought about joining TAXI so I can throw some of my R&B/pop stuff out there for someone to hear.

i believe in his talent, and i believe in his drive, but i just hope his off mic activities don't ruin his chance to make us some money.

we're hoping this thing will get resolved just in time to drop a second single just as the college kids are coming back. between DC, MD, VA, and NC there are so many colleges (black and white). if we can lock down the MEAC, we can grow from there.

if not, i've got to have lots of other beats in the bag.

cross u got a link to this cats stuff?????? U on any messenger services? yahoo, icq etc?

Tuff ish man a whole project bring freezed up.. But Gec said it well start up a new project.. I had a similar result where a whole project I had to scrap over contacual problems I should have worked out in the begininng...... But e live and learn.....

Raticus

gec,

I'm on AIM. my username is crosstudioizzy

i just recently set up an mp3 account for him, but it only has the 1 radio song on it so far. we've got 4 other joints that i've got to master.

he put out a reggae CD a couple of years ago that did OK locally and got us booked on many club gigs and festivals, but i didn't produce that... i just played guitar.

you can go here:
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/429/ras_lidj__izreal.html

or if you don't like MP3.com you can go here and select "Ras Lidj & IzReal" on the pulldown:
http://www.crosstudio.net

Thanx for the links.....get on yahoo messenger I got some information for ya on your other post about publishing

Back