Feedback on idea for collabo project

im diggin it myself..... but i think it would work way betta as a r&b joint as opposed to a rap joint.... dont kno if thats what u was goin for but yea

Ever hear those programs that have sound when you install them. That's what that sounds like.

I was like ummm did I just open some warez or something? LOL

Not bad though demi.

Fiev.

Fyre said:
im diggin it myself..... but i think it would work way betta as a r&b joint as opposed to a rap joint.... dont kno if thats what u was goin for but yea

I agree there bro, R&B for this joint, but if it had some hard hittin' sub bass in the back, and a cool synth throwin' down for a chorus line, would be a tight Hip Hop one.

--Re-Lapse

Fieva said:
Ever hear those programs that have sound when you install them. That's what that sounds like.

I was like ummm did I just open some warez or something? LOL

Not bad though demi.

Fiev.

Lol, The beginning? Yeah, I thought so too. :D

--Re-Lapse

Re-Lapse said:
I agree there bro, R&B for this joint, but if it had some hard hittin' sub bass in the back, and a cool synth throwin' down for a chorus line, would be a tight Hip Hop one.

--Re-Lapse

Hum... that's an idea... i've already changed some of the drums and i killed that synth sound... my sister says it sounds like video game music. I think i've been playing GTA too much.... I'm thinking more the direction of hip hop.. i can't hang with just you pure rap guys...

Demi

dnkygirl said:
Hum... that's an idea... i've already changed some of the drums and i killed that synth sound... my sister says it sounds like video game music. I think i've been playing GTA too much.... I'm thinking more the direction of hip hop.. i can't hang with just you pure rap guys...

Demi

Nothin' wrong with too much GTA. Hell, I should go continue San Andreas right now, but I must finish Final Fantasy 12 first LOL.

dnkygirl said:

Demi

I think you should toss a flute/highpitched pizz in there for a synth, and make the kick hit harder, and the bassline flow.

GTA Rocks. Don't stop playing it. I wish I hadn't gave my PS2 to my brother, but I sold my wii too! :(

--Re-Lapse

P.S. What do you mean Pure Rap guys? I'm not pure rap ;) I can hardly rap at all.

Fieva said:
Nothin' wrong with too much GTA. Hell, I should go continue San Andreas right now, but I must finish Final Fantasy 12 first LOL.

Psh. FF12? No way. FF7, All the way. All 4 discs, over and over. YEAH!!

--Re-Lapse

Sorry guys.. i'm working in protools/reason. I'm still working out all the bugs.... it's driving me nuts... my sessions keep getting corrupted if i save them with alot of reason tracks open. I finally just figured out i have to bounce all of them over to audio tracks.. just so i won't lose my work.

I've got to exercise the demons out of this one some more. I think i see a better way to go.. you guys are giving me lots of great ideas.. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Demi

Hi Guys,

Ok more changes.. i fatten up the bass on the drums, made the bass guitar a slap bass, changed the chorus main to a synth.. not so video gamey now.. it's r & b now. Any one sing? I got lyrics... but i'm no good at vocals.

I will try to focus on a real rap song next. Less is perfect more is too much. ;O)

If anyone is using reason/protools... especially on version 7.3.1cs2... a word of warning.. there's big problems with saving active reason tracks... totally corrupts the session. Make your reason tracks inactive before saving.. that will kill the rewire app so that it won't trash your session files. I hate new software...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=331276

Demi

dnkygirl said:
Hi Guys,

Ok more changes.. i fatten up the bass on the drums, made the bass guitar a slap bass, changed the chorus main to a synth.. not so video gamey now.. it's r & b now. Any one sing? I got lyrics... but i'm no good at vocals.

I will try to focus on a real rap song next. Less is perfect more is too much. ;O)

If anyone is using reason/protools... especially on version 7.3.1cs2... a word of warning.. there's big problems with saving active reason tracks... totally corrupts the session. Make your reason tracks inactive before saving.. that will kill the rewire app so that it won't trash your session files. I hate new software...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=331276

Demi

Diggin' it, Real tight. But I think the kicks should hit HARD, not smooth. and it'd bring it out a lot. Turn some of those hi-hats that are goin from left to right, a little bit down, they are a bit too loud for my taste. Bring that slap bass up a bit more, snare needs less echo and needs to be brought out front more..

After that, I'd say perfect. But, I'm not sure, I'm not the best, so just throwin some ideas :)

Definitely a hot track, though. I can't sing, sorry!

--Re-Lapse

i like part 2 better than version 1 - and i agree that there is more rnb ness to it than hip hop ness - but i think thats due to the drumz used more so than anything else - that melody line in there is hot!!!!

I really appreciate all the help... after you've listened to a song 60+ times you run into a brick wall. I will make some more changes to the cymbals. I was messing around with panning.. got to excited about it. I can't figure out how to kill automation or overwrite it.. i gotta read some more. I am working on a rap track right now.. I will post it later. I'm hoping to get you guys in on these tracks... I know the R&B one is a bit hard, but maybe a 8 bar on the bridge at least? I will have to find a vocalist to do the rest.

Demi

Back