any users of REASON drums? I need help

Schism

Im using reason 4.0 and am using the Redrum drum machine. I can see how it loops from Steps 1-16, and when i save it and export it, it just loops 1-16 over and over again. If i make the drums continue into the 17-32 steps, how do I make the song or recording continue from the 16th step to the 17th step rather than looping 1-16 over and over again.

If you record the pattern into the sequencer.... which i recommend.. you have more control over the pattern changes. Other wise you use the program change buttons marked 1-9 to add the changes. It will change every 16 bars.

Thank you so much, i wasnt using the sequencer, just saving every beat and importing it to Adobe Audition for layering, that is going to come in real real handy and save a lot of time.

My opinon redrum sucks...Ive been using reason 4 for like 5 or 6 months now and i havent even clicked on the redrum since the very first time i tried it...

NN-XT is where you should be making your drums.

I have gotten some amazing sounds out of it that no one would question it being a digital drumset, I also haven't ran into a situation where I want to do something and cannot. I spent a few days learning the software andnow I
love it. iD be happy to post asanple so you can see what I mean. The drum machine on reason is the only thing I use reason for, what r u using it for? Does it have a good bass programming unit too? I haven't explored anything outside of redrum

I think the Redrum is great, you can do anything with it that you can do with the NN-XT so either one is a good choice, it just depends what samples you want to use. I also agree that you should record your drums into the sequencer, it gives you more options for changing it later. If you want to program the drum machine still and you want your loop to be, say, 32 steps, you have to use the switch to go from 1-16 and 17-32 like you were doing, but then you also have to click the arrow up button next to it where it says 16 until it goes up to 32. The loop should then go for 32 steps.
Notice how next to the resolution is the step count, in this image it is set to 16.
redrum_big.jpg

I have gotten some amazing sounds out of it that no one would question it being a digital drumset, I also haven't ran into a situation where I want to do something and cannot. I spent a few days learning the software andnow I
love it. iD be happy to post asanple so you can see what I mean. The drum machine on reason is the only thing I use reason for, what r u using it for? Does it have a good bass programming unit too? I haven't explored anything outside of redrum

I use Reason to make beats...what else would i use it for?:confused:

Back