whats good about The delta 44 and whats bad about it?

I've been running my 44 since 2000 without any problems. It was first installed on a Dell 450mhz under Win98, later upgraded to Win2K. I then moved it to a Dell 2.53ghz with XP Home. No problems. Sound is great! I use it with N-Track. Only "downside" is that the driver updates don't come with an installer. It's just a zip of a bunch of files you have to stick in a folder on your PC, and then when upgrading the drivers (via the Hardware Device Manager) you have to pick the "Select Location of Drivers" and point it to the appropriate folder. Not a huge deal, but can be confusing for the less PC-literate among us (not saying you are!)
Make sure you get the latest drivers off of their website, rather than using the ones that it came with.

Good luck and let us know how it works out!

one downside may be, does the delta have any preamps?? i can't remember if it does or not. Buying a preamp may add a bit more cost to the unit if you need one but if you know that going in, the delta is a sweet card.

You are correct - the Delta doesn't have pres; but I wouldn't call that a downside. In fact, I'm glad it doesn't have pres/headphone amp/tape deck/record player built in!

minofifa said:
one downside may be, does the delta have any preamps?? i can't remember if it does or not. Buying a preamp may add a bit more cost to the unit if you need one but if you know that going in, the delta is a sweet card.

yes i agree, i would rather have a soundcard like the delta 44 or even the 1010 and then add my own preamps. I just brought that up to point out that a necomer to soundcards and recording may buy it and then realize that they cannot plug in any microphones. I know i did not know a thing about preamps when i started, i was just lucky that the tascam us122 had some or i would've really been stuck.

Back